POSITION PAPER IV: WILD CARD

 

Me with Former Governor Asa Hutchinson as the 2022 Arkansas Girls State Governor


Media Strategy and Tools for a 2024 Federal Political Campaign

As I prepare for my hypothetical 2024 federal political campaign, I am deeply focused on how to effectively use media tools and strategies to reach voters, communicate my message, and build a lasting connection with the American people. The landscape of political campaigning has evolved significantly in recent years, and digital media plays an increasingly important role in shaping public perception. I will leverage approaches that combines traditional media with cutting-edge digital platforms, in-person engagements, and partnerships with influencers and celebrities. This article explores the strategies and tools I would use in my campaign, starting with the core values and slogans that will define my message and expanding into the media channels that will help bring my vision to life.

Campaign Background and Core Values

The slogan for my 2024 campaign will be “Stronger Than Ever,” embodying the spirit of resilience and renewal that we need in America today. It reflects my commitment to ensuring that the American people have a future where our values of faith, family, economy, education, and health are prioritized. These values will be the backbone of my campaign, influencing not only my policy positions but also the way I communicate with voters.

  1. Faith: As a Christian, I believe that faith is central to the strength of our nation. Faith gives us hope, purpose, and the moral compass we need to guide our decisions.
  2. Family: The family unit is the cornerstone of a thriving society. I will focus on policies that strengthen families and communities, ensuring that every American can enjoy a healthy and prosperous life.
  3. Economy: A strong economy is key to national security and prosperity. My economic policies will focus on job creation, fiscal responsibility, and empowering small businesses.
  4. Education: Education is the gateway to opportunity, and we must ensure that every child, regardless of their background, has access to quality education.
  5. Health: Health is about more than healthcare—it's about promoting nutritious food and physical activity. I will focus on policies that make healthy food accessible and encourage active lifestyles. By supporting fitness initiatives and ensuring communities have resources for exercise, we can improve overall well-being, reduce healthcare costs, and enhance quality of life for all Americans.

Digital Media Strategy

In today's digital world, connecting with voters through social media and online platforms is essential for a successful campaign. I will utilize a diverse set of platforms to communicate my message, engage with supporters, and ensure my policies reach as many people as possible.

Social Media Use and Website Design

I will leverage popular platforms such as Instagram and Facebook to share visuals, updates, and engaging content. By linking my Facebook account to Instagram through Meta, I can streamline content posting and maximize my reach. Instagram will be used for graphics, personal updates, and short-form content like stories and posts. On Facebook, I will share more in-depth articles and videos.

X (formerly Twitter) will be the hub for posting quick, impactful “hot takes” on current/live events and political issues. These posts will showcase my positions and encourage dialogue, building a sense of urgency around my campaign. 

On Pinterest, I will create an aesthetic lookbook that reflects my campaign’s visual identity, using fashion and lifestyle images to communicate my values of strength, health, and modernity. This will appeal to voters, especially women, who are drawn to visual storytelling and inspire a sense of style and purpose in the movement.

TikTok will be an integral part of my digital strategy. As one of the fastest-growing platforms among young voters, TikTok will allow my campaign to connect with the next generation. A dedicated team will handle both short-term TikTok content and long-term YouTube videos, creating engaging, shareable content that speaks directly to voters’ concerns.

Personal Content Creation

Personal content will humanize my campaign and give voters a glimpse into my daily life. I plan to share “Day in the Life” videos, where I showcase my routine as a candidate, mother, and community leader. Behind-the-scenes content on YouTube will give voters an exclusive look at campaign events, such as cooking dinner with my family, to build a connection on a personal level.

Special event vlogs, such as those from the RNC, Presidential Debates, and Campaign Trail Events, will allow followers to join the campaign journey. Additionally, I will host youth events where young voters can ask questions, airing the discussions on YouTube to engage with the next generation and emphasize the importance of shaping the future.

Advertising

Television ads will remain a core component of the campaign, with commercials designed to highlight my core values and policy positions. These ads will also be posted on YouTube, ensuring they reach a wider audience beyond traditional TV viewership.

In addition to TV ads, we will invest in online advertising through Google Ads and other search engine optimization methods to further expand our reach.

In-Person Campaigning

While digital media is crucial, face-to-face engagement remains indispensable in building trust and rapport with voters. I plan to conduct a nationwide campaign tour, consisting of town halls in rural cities of key swing states. These events, entitled “Talks with Trin,” will bring commerce and attention to rural communities, where I have deep personal ties as someone who hails from rural Arkansas.

Additionally, I will partner with influencers and brands that align with my values. One partnership I envision is with the Tuttle Twins book series, which educates young readers about the principles of freedom and personal responsibility. This partnership will highlight my commitment to education and empowering future generations.

Merchandise and Apparel

Campaign merchandise will serve as both a fundraising tool and a way for supporters to express their commitment to the movement. I will collaborate with brands like Lululemon to create fitness-focused merchandise that promotes physical health. LoveShack Fancy will also partner with us to design trendy, fashionable items that appeal to a younger demographic.

To support local businesses in my home state of Arkansas, I will use a South Arkansas-based shirt design company for campaign merch, bringing commerce to the region. Additionally, I will contract out for other apparel and accessories to ensure we have a diverse selection of items for all supporters.

Another exciting collaboration will be with Nimi Skincare, a brand that focuses on natural skincare products for health and self-care. Nimi’s values align perfectly with my own of faith family and freedom, and this partnership will help emphasize the importance of personal well-being in the campaign.

Celebrity and Public Appearances

Engaging with popular culture is an essential part of modern campaigning. I will appear on various podcasts, ranging from political discussions to cultural commentary. Some political podcasts I would consider include Pod Save America, The Daily, and The Ben Shapiro Show. For cultural podcasts, I might guest on Call Her Daddy, The Joe Rogan Experience, or Armchair Expert to reach a broad audience.

I also plan to make appearances on late-night TV, stepping in as a guest host for shows like The Late Late Show with James Corden or even SNL. These appearances will add a touch of humor to my campaign while maintaining the dignity of the office I am seeking.

In addition to podcasts and TV, I will do magazine interviews like Cosmopolitan, Vanity Fair, and Essence, showcasing my personal style, career, promoting motherhood and family values, and connecting with voters in a more aspirational way.

Finally, I will partner with Chick-fil-A for a spokesperson campaign along with my family, focusing on food health and faith to reach a wide audience since it is a Christian chain.

Political and Sporting Events

As part of my commitment to being a visible, active candidate, I will participate in cable news programs, official debates, and collaborate with political organizations like Turning Point USAThese partnerships will help solidify my political credibility and expand my reach.

Additionally, I will speak at conferences that align with my values, addressing issues such as healthcare, education, and economic growth. These appearances will help connect my campaign with influential thought leaders and activists.

I will also attend sporting events such as collegiate and professional football games and organize a golf tournament where supporters of my campagin can donate proceeds go to charity. These events will bring together supporters in a fun and relaxed environment while promoting my campaign's values of health and community.

Conclusion

In the 2024 political landscape, the right mix of digital media, in-person events, and strategic partnerships can help a candidate reach voters in a way that resonates with their values and concerns. By blending traditional and modern media strategies, focusing on personal content, and engaging with both political and cultural influencers, I am confident that my campaign will not only be “Stronger Than Ever” but also an inspiring and lasting force for positive change in America.


This article was made with the use of generative AI.

Comments

Popular Posts